“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field." -Mt. 13:44 (ESV)

Thursday, August 30, 2012

7 years of Thankfulness

August 30, 2012 is the seven year mark post-kidney transplant. Back in 2003 a total stranger came into my life as I underwent a bonemarrow transplant as a last resort to rid leukemia. Celeste Ryan gave me her precious and healthy bonemarrow on May 16, 2003. A year later we were able to connect over a phone conversation and we began to build a very unique and special relationship. In 2004 my kidneys began failing and I was put on kidney dialysis while anticipating a kidney transplant. Celeste made a phone call to my doctors and said she would be willing to give me one of her kidneys. It is a perfectly matched kidney as we share the same blood DNA through the bonemarrow transplant. So in August she flew here to Michigan from California and we met for the very first time. The rest of her family flew in a couple days later and on August 30, 2005 she selflessly gave me a second gift of life.

Thanking God today as I share in this celebration. Thank you for allowing me to wake up each morning to be a light and live fully for You. Thank you Celeste Ryan for your selfless gifts!! God is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment